The Begums of Shahjahanabad: A celebration of the women of Delhi
8th March, Thursday (International Women’s Day )
The walk will bring together the strong women of our present – our heroic cancer survivors – as we meander through Delhi’s glorious past.
This initiative has been launched as part of Max Healthcare’s ‘Beyond Care’ initiative, as we recognize the importance of holistic care, outside the hospital environment which can play a strong role in healing and faster recovery.
- Congregation at Max Hospital, Lajpat Nagar at 7:45 a.m.
- First stop: Grave of Razia Sultan (the only woman ruler of the Delhi sultanate)
- Second stop: The mosque built by Mubarak begum (the wife of David Ochterlony, the British Resident of Delhi in the early 19th century)
- Third stop: The haveli of Zeenat Mahal ( the wife of Bahadur Shah Zafar)
- Fourth stop: Fatehpuri Masjid (built by Shahjahan’s wife, Fatehpuri begum)
The walk will be followed by a brunch at Shyam Sweets-a famous eatery in the area.